8.25.2009

I'm Clearly Not in Control

It has definitely been a power struggle. Me vs. GOD on who gets to 'run' my life. I obviously always lose that game, yet I still play.

Yesterday I was talking with my brother about jobs (as he is currently seeking a part-time job while in college). He made an interesting comment that he thought that he had wanted to work at Olive Garden. He had heard that the money was good, the people were cool, and that they had a steady crowd every night (which is key as a server). Then, when he went in to interview, the manager was quite rude to him. She basically told him that his availability didn't work with what they needed - which is fine- but she could have done it more tactfully. Then, he went to Logan's (which was originally his second choice) and had a great interviewing experience. My brother said that he was really surprised that his second choice quickly became his first choice.

In the same way, my job worked out like that. I was so stuck on "Vanderbilt" because of their name, I was failing to consider opportunities outside of Vanderbilt.

My brother and I were talking about how we clearly don't know what is best for us, GOD does. It was funny how what we thought was our 'best' choice was not because we didn't see the whole picture.


As I write this, my brother has just called me to let me know that he did get the job at Logan's! GOD is so good! I am so happy for him :) He deserves it so much.


Joyfully his.

No comments:

Post a Comment