8.05.2009

Wednesday

The interview was yesterday. It went really well. It broke my record for the longest interview I have ever been on...it was 2 hours long and I interviewed with 3 different people. Wow! My brain was fried afterwards, but I felt very informed and had a good grasp on the type of company it was. We'll see how it goes.

I feel like I have accomplished a lot this week. I am diligently working down my list of goals. On Monday night, I took a class at the Red Cross and received my CPR certification. That makes me eligible to take my Group Fitness Instructor certification. Also, I spoke with a representative regarding getting my HR certification. I will be taking that test in December. I also need to work on studying to take the GRE.

I know that my blog is supposed to be based on my job search. At some point, life happens and you stop (only for a moment) and think about something other than your next strategic career move, or what types of questions I might be asked at my next interview, or how I'm going to make rent next month. I'm not thinking about those things at all right now. All I can think about is a past friendship. I was contacted by Rachel today. It has been about 6 years since I last saw her face to face. She was my best friend for 5 years...the most important 5 years of school. The first day we met, she was wearing the COOLEST green and blue tennis shoes. That was what broke the ice - I knew that we could be friends because she didn't conform to everyone else...she was comfortable with herself.

Oh how I wish things could go back to the way they were. Or do I? I wish we could be friends, yes, but I know that if our friendship had continued throughout high school, I would have made a lot of different choices. In retrospect, it is evident that GOD knows what he's doing. I hope now that we can be friends again. The past is behind us. We have done a lot of growing up since our days in high school.

I never thought i'd say this, but i'm grateful for the way things have turned out. I'm glad that I am not in control of my own life. He is in control. And I want to keep it that way.

Jobless but Not Hopeless

No comments:

Post a Comment