8.17.2009

I'm batting a thousand

Ok, so the subject of this post is facetious. I'm actually sucking at life right now - well, parts of it. But I am learning that GOD's timing is perfect and my timing is laughable. I am humbled on a daily basis as I am constantly reminded that I shouldn't try to be in control of my life.

Ever see a car wreck and realize that if you would've left the store 5 seconds earlier, you would've been involved in that wreck? Or met someone years ago that 'randomly' resurfaced in your life recently? I don't believe in coincidence. I can't.

I was touched today by the YouTube video of Pastor Steve Berger's address to his congregation this past Sunday regarding the recent death of his 19-year old son. Instead of focus on their pain, he told the church that with death comes new life...his son was an organ donor and was able to give 5 (!) people life on Sunday when he passed away. Gosh.

If only we could anticipate the lives we would have the opportunity to touch on a hourly/daily/weekly/monthly/yearly basis. I rarely understand GOD's plan. But when I get to see a glimpse of tragedy turned triumph I am so encouraged.

Ending my relationship with my boyfriend this past week was the hardest thing i've done in a long time. I know it was the right decision. That doesn't make it any easier. I know that I need some time for myself right now. I know that GOD is going to do some incredible things through me this year. This is my tragedy - love lost. I will be excited to report on triumph in the future.

Stay tuned. GOD is good.

Jobless, but not hopeless.

2 comments:

  1. Life aint easy, and some times I feel like we're reminded about that everyday. You've got enough ambition and drive that I think you'll do fine any direction you go with life/relations ships/jobs.

    Keep it innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your honesty Caroline. Be so encouraged! You've gained so much...in the pain there is the joy of knowing...God Is so Good. Unless a seed falls...Keep writing..

    ReplyDelete